7.17.2008

Tumblin' Tay!

Taylor had her first gymnastics class today! I got all Mommy emotional when watching my baby girl doing stretches, trampoline, foward rolls, and even the balance beam! I'm so proud of her skills! We enrolled her in the Mommy & Me Gym for 2 1/2- 4 year olds at Sunburst Gymnastics. She's pretty much the youngest in the class but she didn't let that get her down! Some of the things they had them do were a bit hard for her, like a "Koala" swing on the bar, she just couldn't get her tiny hands gripped on that bar too well and I think that made her nervous. She did a "Monkey Hang" really well, where she just hangs on it and swing her feet back and forth--gotta love all the funny names for the things, I was learning a long with her. She was great at the beam and she also loved the big trampoline and even did tricks that the teacher was teaching them. It was so neat, I'm just so proud of her for going in there as a newbie and just doing it all without hesitation. I tried to do my best to not help and let her listen to her teacher so I could see how she'll do in a class when I'm not there. She's been pushing to take dance class at my work so she has to prove to me that she'll be a good listener in class and follow the teacher. After watching her today I think she just might be ready for dance this fall! She didn't want to leave gymnastics today, 45 min went pretty quick, but an ice cream treat as a reward for being awesome made it easier to avoid a major meltdown to the car.

No comments: