7.14.2008

M.I.A.

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I haven't had a chance to add anything to the blog. What we've been up to? Camping! Two weekends in a row, long weekends too. I am officially wiped out and ready for a REAL vacation, bring me a spa, pool, room service and a cabana boy please. Enough of this roughin' it stuff, thank you very much. Here's how it went down, we left for Long Beach, Wash. on July 3rd to celebrate the 4th with our good friends Art, Marquie and little Rowan, and also the local LBW peeps who never dissapoint in the entertainment department. The "people watching " in LBW is fascinating and disturbing at the same time. I love it though, we have some good memories of that place and it's fun to now take Taylor and make more memories. She loved Jake the Alligator man and she also enjoyed playing at the arcade and eating ice cream at one of the many fried food dives. This place had the biggest fried corn dogs I have ever seen! Donny couldn't help himself and bought some overpriced fireworks and we opted to have our own show on the beach instead of dealing with the 1000's in town watching the LB show and doing their own bombs on the beach, plus nobody felt like dealing with fireworks shooting at their cars this year. I guess as we get older that doesn't sound as cool as it used to. Taylor loved the fireworks but she hated it when she wasn't prepared for them. If we knew one was about to go off she was good, but if one just went and spooked her she was pretty upset. She danced around with her own sparklers--until she grabbed the tip of one that just went out and that was the end of that. Sadly I took zero pics with my own camera so I don't have anything to share visually but I am hoping Marquie emails me hers soon and I'll add them in. In the meantime you can enjoy this great photo of good ol' Jake at Marsh's Free Museum in LB-DUB!!

No comments: