We were at Fred Meyer today, again, we go to Fred Meyer 2-3 times a week it seems, especially now that the weather is nice and I'm always making a trip to the Garden Center for something I need for the yard. Anyways, this was how the end of the shopping trip went, we were pulling up to the checkout and the woman ringing us up starts talking to Taylor:
Woman: Oh Hi there! Wow, aren't those cute shoes.
Taylor: Absolute silence and her dirty scowl.
Woman: What's your name?
Taylor: Giving the lady the evil eye.
Me: Her name is Taylor and she's 2.
Woman: Oh wow! You're 2! You are such a big girl!
Taylor: That a mean wady Mommy! ( all L's are W's )
Me: She's not a mean lady, she's a nice lady. Don't be silly Taylor. ( Trying to laugh it off and hope she doesn't make the woman feel bad )
Woman: I'm not mean... Do I look mean? ( ok, she wasn't the most attractive woman, Taylor doesn't know the word ugly, Thank god!! But she's never thought someone was mean before either. )
Taylor: Don't talk to mean wady Mommy! It a mean wady!
Me: Ok... here, look at this sticker! Isn't that cool! ( distracting her from the lady before she continues to get upset and make the poor woman upset too! )
I left embarrassed and I realize this is just the beginning.
6.16.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment