7.30.2009

Taylor says...

( Tami, you'll get a kick out of this if you're reading )

Taylor's economics lesson:
I picked Taylor up from her sitter, Tami's house. Across the street is a home for sale that Tami's Dad built. Well Taylor had many questions about that house...

Taylor: Who lives in that house?
Mommy: Nobody yet, it's for sale.
Taylor: For sale?
Mommy: Yes, Grampa Jack built that house and now he is going to sell it to a family that wants to buy it.
Taylor: What family?
Mommy: Any family... Daddy likes that house, he wishes he could buy it.
Taylor: We should have that house and not have our house
Mommy: I though you liked our house
Taylor: I like our house! But we can have another house.
Mommy: Well we wouldn't be able to sell our house right now...
Taylor: Why?
Mommy: Because nobody is buying houses right now
Taylor: Why?
Mommy: Because nobody has any money... ( she never stops with the questions, I tell ya )
Taylor: Why?
Mommy: Because we're in a recession ( this big word shut her up and I got maybe 10 seconds of quiet before she started up again )
Taylor: Well we have money!
Mommy: Oh really? Where's all our money?
Taylor: It's in that jar on the black desk! ( and she is refering to a small jar of change that Daddy empties his pockets into )
Mommy: ( laughing now ) I don't think it's enough money to buy a house
Taylor: YES it is! It's a lot!

No comments: