1.13.2009

Taylor says...

This funny convo came to mind a minute ago, although it occurred right around the holidays. I was driving our HUGE... no more like RIDICULOUSLY GINORMOUS MONSTROSITY of a vehicle that I am partly ashamed to even say but will... Ford Excursion. Not, Expedition, no, the Excursion. I still think you should be required to have special licensing to even operate such a vehicle. I hardly ever drive it, maybe 5 times a year at most, or even maybe less than that. I hate it, it's so big I feel like I don't fit on normal sized roads when I am driving it, I can't park anywhere without making a scene, I have gone over many curbs and almost took out a shrub in a Dr.'s office parking lot once. I had to drive it because my car's battery was completely dead and needed a new one...long story that I will spare you. So we had some errands that needed to be ran, Fred Meyer, Post office, & the bank--all places that have lots of traffic and little parking spots. I kept saying how I hated the truck and it was stupid, and too FREAKIN' huge ,while grunting and groaning all the way. Taylor is in the "Why" stage so she kept asking me " But why Mommy? This is Daddy's truck. Why you don't like it? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? But Moooooooooooooooommmmmmmy Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?"

Oh and the best part, I go to the drive-up ATM at the bank and the truck is SO tall that you can't even reach the buttons from your window, you have to basically just get out, which pretty much defeats the purpose of drive-up right? Well it's not easy because you are already pulled up so the door won't even open the whole way so you have to strategically maneuver yourself between the door and the machine to do your transaction. Absolutely inconvenient. After I manage to make my deposit and wedge myself back around my door and try to squeeze back into the driver seat I am muttering " Freakin' ridiculous, seriously this thing is awful! I HATE THIS TRUCK! "

"Uhm Mommy? Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase drive your car now!?"

No comments: