We decided to name our little girl Taylor Grace just moments after she was born. It was a difficult task, naming a child. Someone's name in some ways will make a person who they are. I wanted a strong, feminine, yet trendy name. I wanted her to have a name that would flow and sound beautiful combined with her middle name. My husband felt the same way as I did, except for the trendy part. Long before we were even pregnant we watched a great movie called "Saving Grace". You have probably never heard of this movie, but my husband and I found it to be absolutely adorable and funny. We would quote our favorite parts for years after and still do. We both decided if we ever had a daughter we'd name her Grace, or at least have that be her middle name. That was the easy part, the middle name was settled as soon as we found out the little alien was a she at the highly anticipated "BIG" ultrasound. Now for the tough part, the most important first name. I loved Ashlyn & Ava. He would come up with names like Edith and Ruby. We could never agree on anything! I suggested Hayden and he liked that... finally something that I liked that he didn't shoot down. Then he suggested Taylor and I immediately said " No way, I don't like it". He got the idea from the popular Jack Johnson song " Taylor "...although he says that's not why he liked it. He mentioned a few more times and I thought about it and then I started writing it out, Taylor Grace... Taylor Grace... Taylor Grace. I liked how it sounded. I also really liked the idea of her nickname being Tay. We still liked Hayden as well, so we cut out all the other ideas and let it be between those 2 names. Hayden Grace or Taylor Grace.
Fast Forward to delivery day!! ( January 26th, 2006 for those who may not know ) When Taylor was born and we finally had a minute to just look at her, after all the hustle and bustle settled down and everything in the hospital room was calm and quiet. I held her and we just stared. She was wide awake, and so alert, just staring and looking around. I said " Are you a Hayden?.... Are you a Taylor? ". At the very moment I said "Taylor" She looked up at me, and he eyes opened wider, as if saying " Yep, that's me! " and that settled it.
And that's the story behind her name.
www.saving-grace-movie.com

"They say Taylor was a good girl, never one to be late complain, express ideas in her brain."
~Taylor by Jack Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment