8.23.2008

A day at the Zoo

Taylor and I went to the Oregon Zoo together on Friday. Just the two of us! We had so much fun! We went to the Dinosaur Exhibit, which was a bit too scary for Tay. She would be scared when they would make a lot of noise, but she really liked the scenes with baby dinosaurs, ofcourse. She didn't cry about the Dinosaurs, but when I tried to get her to take a photo next to one she was not having it. So I took a photo of her across the path about 10 feet away from them which suited her much better. After Dinos we watched the polar bears splash and romp around and that was a great site. The last few times I have been to the Zoo the polar bears, which are my fave, are always passed out and lifeless. For a while I thought maybe they were just stuffed bears that they set there on the rocks to make us believe they had polar bears but all this time we were being fooled. After looking at just about every animal at the Zoo we got on the train for at trip to Washington Park, which I will post about in another entry. The best parts about the day, great weather, mommy & Taylor time, all the animals were out and enjoying the sun and we had a yummy lunch too. Bad parts? Crowds, 30 min to find a parking spot, a long wait at the cafeteria with an extremely hungry 2 year old, and then having to leave when nap time was long over due.
Happy to be at the Zoo!

Taking a photo AWAY from the Dinosaurs.

Checking out the T-Rex... she is kicking her feet in fear, we quickly left after this was taken.

Ha ha... running away from the T-Rex when I tried to coax her closer to him. I know, I am cruel.

I don't know which one this was, but it spit water on you. Kind of rude I think.

More her pace, the petting zoo.

She really wanted to see a crocodile, this is as close as she'd go.

Boarding the Zoo train.

Catching a breeze while " watching the sfoke ( smoke ) come out".

Tay & Mommy on the train. I had to take this one of us, it reminded me of my Honeymoon, all our photos were taken like this.

Not a slow-pokey train at all! We were going fast!

No comments: